Carlow has not reported a new case of Covid-19 in seven days. This is only the second time the county has gone without a new case for a week since figures rose above five in early April.
The number of Covid-19 cases in Carlow remains at 175 following Tuesday’s update. There has been only four new cases reported in Carlow in the last two weeks.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that one person with COVID-19 has died in Ireland.
There have now been a total of 1,736 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Monday 29 June, the HPSC has been notified of 11 confirmed cases of Covid-19. There is now a total of 25,473 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Ireland.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of Covid-19 in the community.
As of midnight Monday 29 June, 429,698 tests have been carried out. Over the past week, 24,607 tests were carried out. 116 tests were positive, giving a positivity rate of 0.5%.
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said; “Today marks 6 months since the WHO first received reports of what we now know to be Covid-19.
“Since then, there have been 10 million cases and 500,000 deaths reported worldwide.
“We know more about this virus and how to limit its spread than we did 6 months ago. It is very important that we keep up the national effort to reduce the impact of this disease in our country.”
Dr Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said: “Each person should risk assess their own environment to inform their personal decisions and actions during this pandemic.
“We know how this virus spreads, we know the public health behaviours required to protect ourselves and others, we must continue to be aware of the disease and limit its spread.”