Less than five cases of Covid-19 were confirmed in Carlow on Thursday among 309 cases nationally.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today also been notified of eight additional deaths related to Covid-19.
Of the deaths reported today, 4 occurred in April, 2 occurred in February and 2 occurred in January or earlier.
The median age of those who died was 79 years and the age range was 43-92 years.
There has been a total of 4,820 Covid-19 related deaths in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 168 are men / 141 are women
- 71% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 35 years old
- 107 in Dublin, 30 in Kildare, 14 in Offaly, 21 in Meath,14 in Limerick and the remaining 104 cases are spread across 18 other counties
As of 8am today, 184 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 51 are in ICU. 22 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 13th, 2021, 1,094,964 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 769,721 people have received their first dose
- 325,243 people have received their second dose